What's at the root of all chocolate? Cacao. Our dreamy hot fudge sauce is an easy addition for almost any dessert, such as chocolate lava cakes, dairy-free ice cream, or vegan cheesecake. Made with our Original Coconut Creamer and cacao powder, this recipe is not only vegan and dairy-free, but rich and delicious as well. Is cacao your chocolate love language?
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of brown rice syrup
- 2 TBSP Coconut Cloud original creamer mixed with 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 cup dairy free semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a medium sauce pan, combine coconut oil, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, salt, brown rice syrup and 1/3 cup Coconut Cloud coconut milk (saving small amount for later)
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and simmer 3-5 minutes to thicken, whisking briskly
- Remove from heat
- Stir in chocolate chips and vanilla. Whisk to melt chocolate and continue whisking until glossy and smooth. Taste and add additional salt if preferred.
- Cool 10-15 minutes before serving. Sauce will thicken as it cools. Add more coconut milk to thin out sauce if necessary.
- Now drizzle to your hearts content!
- If left overs (it could happen :)) Store in an air tight container in fridge for up to a week.