What's at the root of all chocolate? Cacao. Our dreamy hot fudge sauce is an easy addition for almost any dessert, such as chocolate lava cakes, dairy-free ice cream, or vegan cheesecake. Made with our Original Coconut Creamer and cacao powder, this recipe is not only vegan and dairy-free but rich and delicious as well. Is cacao your chocolate love language?
This beautiful chocolate sauce is perfect. It’s thick, chocolatey, and has the right amount of sweet. It looks as good as anything you’ll see at an ice cream shop, but minus all the allergens. Coconut sugar and brown rice syrup are two natural sweeteners that give it all the “sweet” it needs. The brown rice sugar gives the fudge a hint of caramel. It also helps the sauce to thicken up a bit.
Recipe for Dairy-Free, Vegan Cacao Hot Fudge Sauce
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of brown rice syrup
- 2 TBSP Coconut Cloud original creamer mixed with 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 cup dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a medium saucepan, combine coconut oil, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, salt, brown rice syrup and 1/3 cup Coconut Cloud coconut milk (saving a small amount for later)
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and simmer 3-5 minutes to thicken, whisking briskly
- Remove from heat
- Stir in chocolate chips and vanilla. Whisk to melt chocolate and continue whisking until glossy and smooth. Taste and add additional salt if preferred.
- Cool 10-15 minutes before serving. The sauce will thicken as it cools. Add more coconut milk to thin out sauce if necessary.
- Now drizzle to your heart's content!