Cupcakes, good. Vegan cupcakes made with chai tea, even better! These little dream cakes are so good, you don’t even need to say they are vegan. The proof is in the taste and your friends won’t even know the difference. This recipe is completely dairy-free, 100% vegan, and delicious.
The Vegan Vanilla Chai Tea Latte Cupcake is a bit different than anything you’ve ever tried. And they are delicious! You know how you love vanilla chai tea lattes? The chai tea brings several fall flavors to the cupcake recipe like cinnamon, ginger, cardamon, cloves, and nutmeg. This mixture provides just part of the rich flavor you’re going to enjoy in these cupcakes. Then you’re going to top the super-flavored cupcakes off with a fluffy creamy icing to create a deliciously rich dessert.
Vegan Vanilla Chai Tea Latte Cupcake Ingredients:
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
½ cup light brown sugar (packed)
4 Tbsp of Coconut Cloud Chai Tea Latte
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp kosher salt
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 ½ cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (this needs to be the refrigerated kind)
½ cup vegetable oil (try coconut oil for more flavor)
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 cups powdered sugar
½ cup vegan margarine
2 Tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk (this needs to be the refrigerated kind)
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
Instructions for Making the Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a saucepan, warm the almond milk. Once warm (but not boiling) stir in the Coconut Cloud Chai Tea Latte until it is well blended. Set aside and let it cool.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners and lightly spray the liners with cooking spray. (This recipe makes 12 cupcakes.)
- Whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium, bowl.
- Once the chai and almond milk mixture has cooled, in a separate bowl, stir in the oil, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Fold in the wet mixture to your dry ingredients just enough to combine them. Do not over mix, lumps are okay.
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake liners. It should be enough to make 12 cupcakes filling each cupcake liner about ¾ full.
- Place the pan into the oven and cook for 20 to 22 minutes or until the cupcakes are a beautiful golden brown. You can do the toothpick test and insert into the middle. If it comes out crumb-free, they are ready.
- Let the cupcakes cool while you start the frosting.
Instructions for making the Frosting
- Using your mixer, beat the margarine on a medium-high setting using a paddle attachment until smooth. This should take close to a minute.
- Add in the powdered sugar, almond milk, and vanilla. Mix on low until it begins to thicken into a smooth consistency.
- You can frost immediately or allow to sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes. It is easier to work with a harder texture.
Recipe yields 12 cupcakes.