Recipe inspo/credit: The Conscious Plant Kitchen
2 cups almond flour
¼ cup melted coconut oil
¼ cup pure maple syrup
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup raspberry jam (or any jam flavor you’d like!)
*Optional – powdered sugar and nut milk to create a quick glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients except the jam. Stir by hand with a large mixing spoon until a dough consistency forms. It should be sticky, and not too wet. If it feels too wet, add more almond flour a tablespoon at a time until you achieve desired consistency.
- Make 16 small thumbprint cookies; scoop 1 heaping tablespoon of dough per cookie; roll gently in your hands and press lightly onto the cookie sheet. Place cookies 1-2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Use your thumb to press an indent in the middle of each cookie. Fill each indentation ¾ of the way full with your jam.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until the edges of the cookies are just barely golden brown (the whole cookie should not turn brown).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- *If you want to drizzle! Mix ¾ cup powdered sugar with a few teaspoons of liquid nutmilk until a thin frosting-like consistency is achieved (you want to be able to drizzle it!). Then using a dipped fork or spoon, drizzle glaze over slightly cooled cookies.