Recipe: Vegan French Toast (Dairy-Free)
What’s not to love about this vegan french toast? It’s perfectly sweet, and mixed with subtle flavors and has the perfect texture. Plus, it’s super easy to whip up a batch for an early morning breakfast or a Saturday brunch. We promise, you won’t be disappointed!
If you are looking for the satisfying flavor of traditional french toast you had when you were a kid, you’ve found it. But this quick and easy recipe doesn’t contain eggs or dairy.
Choose your favorite bread and use it to make this tasty breakfast dish. You might use your favorite thick-sliced whole grain bread or nice sourdough bread. You can also go with gluten-free bread.
The banana adds a sweetness to the recipe and a good consistency that rivals the texture of eggs. Another secret ingredient in this recipe is the pumpkin pie spice. If you don’t have that on hand, you can add a little bit of cinnamon or nutmeg or both to get the same satisfying flavor.
Vegan French Toast Recipe
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 TBS Coconut Cloud Original creamer mixed with 1/2 cup warm/hot water until dissolved
- 2-3 slices of bread (whatever your favorite kind is!)
- A pinch of pumpkin pie spice
- Coconut Karma organic coconut oil (for frying)
- In a blender, mix the banana, Coconut Cloud coconut milk mixture, cinnamon, vanilla, and the pumpkin pie spice until smooth. Pour mixture into a pie plate or dish with an edge.
- Preheat your skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat and add 2 tsp of coconut oil.
- Gently dip bread slices into the blended liquid mixture; coating both sides evenly.
- Fry each slice of bread until lightly golden brown.
Serve with fresh fruit, maple syrup, and enjoy!