Cheesecake is a delicious, creamy, and rich dessert that many of us love. There is literally an entire restaurant dedicated to cheesecake, that is how much people love it. Most people assume because it is made of cheese, eggs, and other non-vegan friendly ingredients, they cannot enjoy it while following a vegan diet. We don’t like that though, which is why we’re sharing this amazing vegan-friendly recipe!
Here is all you need to make the creamiest, most delicious vegan chocolate berry cheesecake there is.
Ingredients for Vegan Chocolate Berry Cheesecake
1 c raw whole almonds
2 TBSP Vegan Instant Hot Cocoa Mix
1 tsp of sugar
A pinch of sea salt
2 TBSP of pure maple syrup
¼ tsp of vanilla extract (for extra flavor, add another ¼ tsp of almond extract)
- 1 ½ c raw cashews
- ¼ c water
- 2 TBSP water (used later)
- 5 TBSP pure maple syrup
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- ¼ c Vegan Instant Hot Cocoa Mix
- ⅓ c cocoa butter
2 cups of your favorite chopped berries
6-inch Springform pan
Prep for Making Vegan Chocolate Berry Cheesecake
Soak your cashews and almonds for 2-3 hours prior to cooking. This helps soften them up and make them easier to work with. Make sure to separate the crust and filling mixes.
Drain your cashews, and mix in a high-powered blender until thick and smooth. Remember to keep your filling and crust mixes separated.
Add parchment paper to the bottom of the springform pan in between the two pieces of the pan. You can lightly grease the insides. This will help with removal.
Prepare your crust by adding all of the almonds, vegan hot cocoa, sugar, and salt into a food processor, blending on high for 30 seconds. Add the syrup and vanilla (almond extract too) and process again until it forms a large thick ball. Remove and press the mixture into the prepared springform pan, making sure it's flat and even around the edges. Set aside.
The filling must be done in the following order:
- Add the cashews, water, lemon juice, syrup and vanilla to your food processor. Process, slowly work your way up to high speed until it's completely smooth. At first, it will be very thick. If this happens, scrape the sides. Make sure the mixture is completely smooth before adding the dry ingredients! Once smooth, add the salt, sugar and hot cocoa powder and gently fold into the mix. Don't blend yet, it will be too thick.
- Melt your cocoa butter and stir until it is dissolved. Pour into the blender and process until completely smooth. It will be very thick. Stir with a spoon to loosen and blend.
- This is the fun part. Taste the mixture and if you want it sweeter, add 1-2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Pour over your crust and smooth the top with a spoon.
- Place in the freezer for several hours until set. Or you can leave overnight in the fridge. Note: If you freeze it overnight, remove it around 20 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with berries.