Who knew that creamer could be used in anything but coffee? This recipe from baking with the good hair combines the best if both worlds: salty and sweet! Made with our Salted Caramel Creamer, these date bars are the ideal on-the-go treat to share at family barbecues or friend get-togethers.
- 6 to 8 dates to make ½ cup date paste
- ½ cup refined coconut oil, melted and divided
- ⅔ cup Turbinado sugar
- 2 packets Coconut Cloud Salted Caramel creamer
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¾ cup dairy free chocolate chips
- +pink Himalayan sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8in x 8in square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Remove pits from dates and transfer dates and 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil to a food processor or high speed blender. Blend dates until creamy and measure out ½ cup of date paste.
- In a large mixing bowl add remaining melted coconut oil, Turbinado sugar and Coconut Cloud Salted Caramel creamers and mix until combined.
- Add ½ cup date paste to the sugar mixture and mix with an electric mixer at a medium speed until combined, about 3 minutes.
- Add flour, cornstarch, baking powder and sea salt and mix at a low speed until just combined. The mixture will be very dry.
- Add almond milk and mix until combined.
- Add dairy free chocolate chips and mix with a wooden spoon or spatula until evenly distributed.
- Pour dough into prepared baking pan. Press the dough down evenly into the pan with hands or spatula.
- Bake bars for 30 to 35 minutes or until bars are set and are golden brown around the edges. Sprinkle pink Himalayan sea salt across the top of the bars as desired. Allow bars to cool completely in pan before removing and cutting into squares to serve.
(Makes 12 bars)
Look at the full recipe from baking with the good hair here.