- 1 can full fat coconut milk (refrigerated overnight)
- 4 ounces reserved coconut milk/water from the coconut milk can
- 2 TBSP Coconut Cloud Original or Vanilla coconut milk creamer powder
- 16ounces vegan ricotta cheese (we like Kite Hill almond milk ricotta)
- 14-ounce can sweetened condensed coconut milk (available at Whole Foods)
- 2tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- Vegan chocolate chips to mix in (and to use as a topper), *optional
*Note: You can mix absolutely anything into this delicious ice cream; cinnamon, cookie pieces, strawberries, nuts, you name it!
Open the can of coconut milk and scoop the top layer of thick coconut cream off the top. Place the “cream” in the bowl of your electric mixture and beat until creamy, thick, and smooth – just a few minutes (you can also use a hand held mixer for this).
Transfer the whipped coconut “cream” to a bowl and set it aside (you don’t need to wash the mixing bowl). To your mixing bowl, add the Coconut Cloud creamer powder, vegan ricotta, condensed coconut milk, vanilla extract and salt to the mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until smooth and combined. If it’s getting too thick, add splashes of the reserved coconut water as needed to achieve a thick, but smooth consistency that’s easy to scrape and pour into a container.
Turn off the mixer and fold the whipped coconut “cream” and chocolate chips into the ricotta mixture.
Pour the mixture into a freezer-safe container. Freeze for 4 to 6 hours.
After 4 to 6 hours, scoop out the ice cream and top it with additional chocolate chips or any other toppings on your choice. Tip! If you take it out of the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for 5-9 minutes it is a lot easier to scoop and enjoy.