In the mood to create a unique dessert that will have all your guests in awe? Channel your inner baker with this Vegan Matcha Mousse Cake - light, fluffy, and so good everyone will think you got it from a specialty shop! Made with both Coconut Cloud Original Creamer and our Matcha Green Tea mix, this sweet delight has a light coconut twist to entertain your palate. Top it with raspberries or strawberries and boom! You’ve got the perfect Christmas dessert.
For the Crust:
- 1¼ cups ground cookies or biscuits (homemade or store-bought vegan animal crackers, graham crackers, etc. pulsed and ground in a food processor or blender)
- 2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1.5 teaspoons Coconut Cloud Original coconut milk creamer mixed with 2 TBS warm water.
For the Matcha Mousse:
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in boiled water for 20 minutes and drained
- 1¾ cups coconut milk
- ½ cup plus 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 4 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- 1¾ cups almond milk
- ¾ teaspoon agar powder
- 1 Tablespoon GT Matcha Premium Matcha Green Tea Mix
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare the crust by combining the ground cookies, coconut oil, and salt in a small bowl. Mix until the cookie crumbles are like wet sand. Add in the Coconut Cloud coconut milk mixture and combine thoroughly with a spoon or your fingers until it is a crumbly paste. Press this mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan and bake for 15 minutes. The crust will look golden brown at the edges and will feel crisp.
- Now prepare the mousse by combining the cashews, coconut milk, sugar, coconut oil, lemon juice, vanilla, and salt in the blender and blending until completely smooth. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the 1¾ cups almond milk and agar powder and bring to a boil while whisking. When it comes to a boil, bring the heat down to low and allow to simmer for 2 minutes while you whisk. After 2 minutes, pour this entire mixture into the blender jar along with the cashew mixture and blend until well mixed (around 1 minute). Add the Coconut Cloud Matcha Green Tea latte powder to the blender and blend again until thoroughly incorporated. You will notice that the mixture may be very bubbly, that's ok.
- Pour this entire green mixture over the pre-baked crust in the springform pan. Set the pan aside on the counter to cool for 20 minutes uncovered before covering the pan with foil and placing in the refrigerator to chill for 6 hours or overnight.
- When it has chilled, run a knife along to edge to loosen the mousse and remove from the springform pan, slice, and serve. Enjoy!