Winter weather calls for cocoa in more than one way! Our Vegan Hot Cocoa Mug Cake is a single serving of decadence for when you want a fast, chocolatey treat on a cold day. Don’t forget the vegan marshmallows!
- 1/4 cup all-purpose GF flour
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Cloud Hot Cocoa Mix
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon coconut sugar (you can add 1 tbsp. more if you like it a bit sweeter)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. nut milk
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon mini vegan chocolate chips
- Vegan mini marshmallows for decoration
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Whisk in the nut milk and coconut oil until all ingredients are combined and batter has no clumps.
- Pour batter into a large microwave-safe mug. You want enough head space in your mug for the cake to rise without pouring over.
- Add mini chocolate chips into the middle of the batter.
- Place a paper towel into the microwave and set the mug on top (this is to catch any batter if your mug cake overflows).
- Microwave mug cake for 70 seconds on high (please use this as a guide as all microwaves are different)
- Carefully remove from microwave and top with mini marshmallows!