Make Your Own Dairy-Free Candy Cane Milkshake
There are some popular places that offer candy cane milkshakes each year during the holidays. But what if you could make your own dairy-free version? That also means NOT having to make your own ice cream (whew)! You can use dairy-free ice cream alternatives to make your own delicious dairy-free candy cane milkshake. This is a great holiday, or any other day, treat kids and adults alike are absolutely going to love. So, snuggle down under a warm, comfy blanket, put on your favorite movie, and sip on this candy cane milkshake.
What’s Not to Love About the Candy Cane Milkshake?
This recipe is super fast and easy to make. Your kids can even make it with a little adult supervision, of course. It’s also a great way to use up those holiday candy canes after the first of the year. Toss a red and white striped paper straw in your shake just for extra decoration and a little bit of fun. You can also add more or less crushed candy canes into the mix depending on the consistency and amount of crunchy goodness you want to achieve. Adding peppermint extract is also optional, but advisable if you want a solid peppermint flavor throughout the milkshake. That’s one of the great things about making your own shake, add more or less of what you like. We’re pretty sure you are going to love this dairy-free version of a holiday favorite!
How to Make Your Own Dairy-Free Candy Cane Milkshake
- 2 candy canes, divided
- 1 cup of dairy-free vanilla ice cream (such as So Delicious or Nada Moo)
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Coconut Cloud Original coconut milk creamer
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract (optional)
- Vegan coconut cream whipped cream for topping if desired
- Mix the warm water with the Coconut Cloud Original creamer and stir vigorously. Set aside.
- Crush up one of the candy canes by placing it in a zip-top plastic bag and crushing with a wooden spoon or mallet. Set aside.
- In a blender, place ice cream, Coconut Cloud creamer/milk mixture, peppermint extract (if using) and 2 candy canes. Blend until smooth.
- Pour milkshake into a glass or mason jar until halfway full, then top it off with the crushed candy cane. Fill the remainder of the glass with more of the milkshake.
- If desired, top milkshakes with vegan whipped coconut cream and sprinkle with the remaining candy cane pieces.