Say hello to flavor with our Candied Turmeric Carrots! Using our Turmeric Ginger Golden Milk mix, this recipe is fast to make and packs a punch for your taste buds. You can choose to use full-size carrots to make this dish, but allow for more time. Using baby carrots is simple and saves you extra time since the carrots only need to be rinsed and you don’t need to peel or cut them. Time is valuable, especially when you are preparing a meal.
Candied turmeric carrots make a nice side dish for any meal. They are good by themselves, but if you want to add more superfoods to the dish, place them on a bed of deep green veggies. The leafy greens add more nutritional content without adding calories and the carrots are just as delicious.
You’ll love making these carrots time and time again when you’re tired of the same old garlic and olive oil. The turmeric adds a soothing savory taste, while the brown sugar creates a melt-in-your-mouth sensation. Eating your veggies has never tasted so good! Plus, this dish is vegan, dairy-free and gluten-free for those on specific eating plans. It’s good for you and tastes great!
How to Make Candied Turmeric Carrots
- 1 (12 ounce) package baby carrots
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Coconut Cloud Turmeric Ginger Golden Milk powder mixed with 2 TBS of reserved cooking liquid from the carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Bring carrots and water to a boil in a saucepan, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the carrots are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain carrots, reserving 2 TBS of cooking liquid. Mix the cooking liquid with the Coconut Cloud Turmeric Ginger powder, set aside.
- Stir vegan butter in with the carrots until the carrots are fully coated. Then, stir in the brown sugar, Coconut Cloud Turmeric Ginger mixture, and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook the carrots stirring often. Cook them until the carrots are glazed, which should only take about 2 to 3 minutes.