Recipe inspiration & adaptation from: Labeless Nutrition
RECIPE IMAGE from Labeless Nutrition
2 cups (15oz) mango puree
½ cup maple syrup
2 TBSP lime juice
1 can (14oz) full fat coconut milk
2 TBSP tapioca flour
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
¾ cup water
2 tsp agar agar powder
2 cups vegan graham crackers
¼ cup melted coconut oil or vegan butter
- For the crust, combine the crushed graham crackers or ginger snaps with melted coconut oil. Press into the pie dish, then set aside in the refrigerator to chill.
- In a food processor add the mango puree, maple syrup, coconut milk, tapioca flour, lime juice, and vanilla, and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Pour the water into a saucepan, sprinkle the surface with the agar-agar powder and whisk. Bring to a boil, then gently simmer for 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk the mango mixture into the simmering agar-agar liquid. Return the mixture to a boil and gently simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour the hot pie filling into the pie dish, refrigerate until firm and set, about 3 to 5 hours. Serve chilled or bring to room temperature, either way the pie will remain firm.
- Top with Whipped Coconut Cream and lime zest! Or garnish with mango slices.