Recipe inspired by A Virtual Vegan
1 ½ cups dairy free chocolate chips
1 ½ cups powdered sugar
2 TBSP brown rice syrup
1 TBSP melted coconut oil
1 TBSP plus 1 tsp warm water mixed with ½ TBSP of Coconut Cloud coconut milk creamer
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
**What you need:
- Gently melt the chocolate. You can do this using a double boiler on the stove or in 30 second intervals in the microwave (in a microwave safe bowl).
- Spoon some chocolate into each mold and spread it around and up the sides with the back of a teaspoon. Make sure it's thick enough to create a sturdy egg shell! Place the molds on a cookie sheet and put into the freezer to set.
- In a small bowl combine all of the other ingredients except the turmeric. Stir until completely smooth.
- Spoon out about ⅓ into another small bowl and stir the turmeric into it.
- Remove the chocolate molds from the freezer. Add a small amount of white fondant to each chocolate shell. Around 1 teaspoon or just enough to fill each one about ⅓ of the way.
- Now add a small dollop of yellow fondant to each one. Try to get it as close to the middle as you can.
- Cover each yellow dollop with more white fondant leaving just enough room to cover the top with another layer of chocolate.
- Once they are all almost full, place in the freezer for around 10 minutes just to firm up the filling a little, then remove and cover each one with a layer of chocolate. Pop back in the freezer to allow them to set.
- Once completely set, pop out from the molds and enjoy!
Store these Vegan Creme Eggs in the fridge. They will keep for a couple of weeks. You can also freeze them.