Post via Guest Recipe creator, Angelina, @athletic recipes (check her out on IG)
I'm going glazy and coco'nuts for these coconut matcha baked donuts because I love them so matcha! Yes, I know, I've hit my pun limit, but donut worry because I'll stop now... 😂 But seriously, these paleo-friendly, vegan donuts have the perfect blend of sweet coconut and bitter matcha! Buy the Matcha Coconut Cream Latte Powder.
• 1 cup almond flour
• 1/3 cup zero calorie sweetener
• 2 tsp baking soda
• 1/8 tsp sea salt
• 2 tsp GT Matcha Premium Matcha Green Tea Mix
• 1/4 cup coconut oil
• 1/4 cup almond or coconut milk
• 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flaxseed meal + 2 1/2 tbsp warm water, mix and rest for 5 minutes)
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 tbsp coconut oil
• 2 tbsp GT Matcha Premium Matcha Green Tea Mix
• 1/2 cup zero calorie sweetener
• 2 tbsp cocoa powder
• 1/4 cup tbsp coconut oil
• Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly spray a 12ct mini donut pan with oil.
• In a large bowl, combine the flour, sweetener, baking soda, sea salt, and matcha. Mix well.
• In another bowl, whisk together melted coconut oil, milk of choice, flax egg, and vanilla extract.
• Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry.
• Transfer batter to fill each donut cavity 2/3 of the way. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, and then let them cool before removing from the pan.
• Matcha powder, brush the tops of the donuts with melted coconut oil. Then dip the donut in the matcha latte powder.
• Chocolate glaze, mix in the cocoa powder and sweetener into the melted coconut oil. Pour over the donuts and let them cool.