For the chocolate centers
1 ¾ vegan chocolate chips (or any dark chocolate you prefer)
1 cup coconut cream
1/8 cup cocoa powder
For the chocolate coating
1 ¾ cups vegan chocolate chips (or any chopped chocolate you like)
1 tsp coconut oil
Shredded coconut, shaved chocolate, chopped nuts, or any other yummy toppings you want!
- Make the chocolate centers: Add the chocolate chips to a large mixing bowl and set aside. Mix together the cocoa powder and Coconut Cloud hot cocoa mix in a separate small bowl and set aside.
- Heat the coconut cream to a simmer (using a saucepan on the stovetop is the best method).
- Pour the simmering coconut cream over the chocolate in the mixing bowl. Let sit for several seconds as the chocolate begins to melt, and then stir/whisk until smooth.
- Place the bowl into the fridge to set (for 2-3 hours). It should be set/solid all the way through.
- Once set, use a small cookie dough scoop or teaspoon to scoop out little balls. Gently roll in your hands to form a nice ball shape and drop into the cocoa powder mixture to coat.
- Set the formed balls on parchment paper on a cookie sheet and place in the freezer.
- Prepare the chocolate coating: Add the remaining chocolate to a microwave safe bowl and microwave on short intervals until melted and smooth. Add in the coconut oil and stir to combine.
- Drop the chocolate center balls into the chocolate coating, and using a fork, roll them around until fully coated.
- Place back onto parchment on a cookie tray and decorate/top with the toppings of your choice. Place into the fridge until the coating is set, and then enjoy!