1 cup steel cut oats (use GF if you’d like!)
1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
2-3 TBSP maple syrup
¾ cup natural peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 TBSP hot water mixed with 1 TBS Coconut Cloud Original creamer
1/3 cup vegan dark chocolate chips, or vegan chocolate bar chopped up
Raw Chocolate Sauce (for coating):
14 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
¼ cup cacao butter (gently melted in the microwave or over stovetop)
6 TBSP maple syrup
- Blend oats in a food processor until they are roughly ground (keep a little bit of texture).
- Add the dates and blend until they are well incorporated (just tiny pieces of dates left).
- Add the maple syrup, peanut butter, vanilla, Coconut Cloud liquid mixture and pulse until it forms a sticky dough like consistency. Add a few more teaspoons of water if needed.
- Mix the chocolate chunks into the dough with a spatula.
- Press the dough into a donut pan and round the tops a bit so you have a well-shaped donut. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes until firm.
Meanwhile, make your chocolate coating: Mix all Chocolate Sauce ingredients together in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Remove donuts from the pan (pop them out with a knife) and gently dip in chocolate coating. You can also drizzle the tops with a bit more melted peanut butter if you’d like!
- Place chocolate dipped donuts on a lined baking sheet and place in the refrigerator to harden (20-30 minutes). Enjoy!