Recipe adapted from: Sarah Bakes Gluten Free
- 1 3/4 cups, plus 3 tablespoons gluten free flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 5 TBSP Coconut Cloud Vanilla or Original coconut milk creamer powder
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 cup champagne
- 1/3 cup grape seed oil (or mild oil of your choice), olive oil won’t work here
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons champagne
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- white pearl and star sprinkles (optional)
*You can also use any vegan frosting of your choosing; chocolate would be great here too!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cupcake pans by lining with paper liners.
- Mix hot water and Coconut Cloud creamer powder together in a small bowl/cup and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Mix coconut creamer mixture and vinegar in separate bowl. Add to flour mixture, along with the champagne, oil and vanilla. Mix until well blended.
- Divide cupcake batter evenly into prepared cupcake pans. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 5 minutes, then place onto cooling rack or the countertop to cool completely.
- To make champagne buttercream, cream the shortening for 1-2 minutes in large bowl of stand mixer or with a hand held mixer. Add powdered sugar, champagne, and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth and creamy, 2-3 minutes.
- Place buttercream in piping bag fitted with a large, star tip (or a Ziploc bag with the corner cut off!). Pipe onto cooled cupcakes. Top with pearl sprinkles, if desired.