Making the Chai Spiced Banana Smoothie
This smoothie is different from the standard greens and fruit smoothies. But don’t let that fool you at all, it’s loaded with healthy fats and proteins. Almond butter, or nut butter of your choice, provides a smooth, velvety texture. The addition of superfoods chia or flax seeds offer an extra dose of protein, healthy fat, fiber, and healthy omega-3s. And if by chance you have any leftovers, they make tasty popsicles!
How Do You Like Your Smoothie?
How do you like your smoothies? Some prefer them thicker while others prefer them a bit thinner. You can adjust the almond milk in this recipe to get the consistency you prefer. If you are a big fan of banana “nice” cream, you’ll like the thickness. If you would like to try a frosty texture, try adding a few cubes of ice into the mix. You’re going to enjoy this creamy (without the cream) blend!
When to Enjoy a Chai Spiced Banana Smoothie
Well, to be totally honest, anytime is the “best” time to enjoy a chai spiced banana smoothie! This vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free drink is a healthy alternative for those who are not huge fans of a big breakfast. But it’s also great as a bedtime or mid-afternoon snack. It only takes a couple of minutes to whip it up in a blender so you can enjoy it any time of the day.
Ingredients for a Chai Spiced Banana Smoothie
- 🍌1 tsp Coconut Cloud Chai latte mix
- 🍌2 frozen bananas, sliced
- 🍌1– 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- 🍌2 Tbsp almond butter or nut butter
- 🍌2 Tbsp ground flaxseed or chia seeds (optional)
Instructions for Making the Smoothie
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high for about two to three minutes or until the consistency is creamy and smooth.
- Pour into a glass or mug and enjoy!
For those who like the visual appeal of sprinkles on top, there are a few toppings that look and taste great on top of the chai spiced banana smoothie. Here are a few ideas.
- Sprinkle a little bit of ground cinnamon on top
- Add extra chia or flaxseed
- A tiny pinch of cinnamon, cloves, and cardamon