It’s summer, you probably had plans to travel, sit on a beach, sip a cold fruity drink, and indulge in tropical goodness. Unfortunately, most of our travel plans came to a screeching halt. While it may be a bummer that you have to trade a sandy beach and crystal clear waters for a lawn chair and kiddie pool, it doesn’t mean you can’t make the most of it.
Bring the vacation to you with these fun and inspiring tips and recipes!
Decorating Your Backyard
Twinkle lights go along way. They set a special ambiance and provide just the right amount of light. Stringing a few of these up at night can help you feel like you are on a gorgeous patio under the stars. For a fun daytime effect, try lights with shaped lanterns like pineapples and flamingos. They are a fun vibe!
When we said you may be sitting in a kiddie pool instead of a beach, we were not kidding. There are some really cool inflatable lounge pools that won’t break your budget and that can fit in small yards. Some have seats and can fit up to four adults (your family plus the kids). Pretty fun, huh?
Fun Vegan Staycation Recipes
Now that you set the ambiance, let’s talk drinks and eats. A good staycation has lots of delicious fruity eats and cold drinks to sip. Luckily, fresh fruits are fun for all to enjoy, even vegans! Here are some of our favorite recipes you can try.
Virgin Coconut Banana Daquiri
- 2 Medium-Sized Ripe Bananas
- 2 Tsp Lime Juice
- 1 Tsp Rum Extract
- 1/2 Cup Cold Water
- 3-4 TBSP Coconut Cloud Original Coconut Milk Creamer
- ½ cup of ice cubes (not crushed or it will be too chunky)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for 60 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour into glasses
- Add little umbrella
- Sip and enjoy!
Fruit and Nut Salad
- 2 large apples chopped (we recommend one Honeycrisp and one granny smith)
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- ½ cup halved red grapes
- 3/4 cup walnuts chopped
- ½ cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (pre-soak in hot water then drain)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 TBSP unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 2 seeded dates
- Add the dressing ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Set aside for later.
- Add the apples, celery, grapes, and walnuts into a bowl.
- Add the dressing to the fruit and nuts stirring to coat all of the ingredients
- Serve and enjoy!
Vegan Coconut Ice Cream with Chocolate Sauce
- 1 ½ cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup additional coconut milk
- 1/4 cup sweetener of choice, such as sugar or pure maple syrup. Less for Splenda
- 1 tsp of sweetener
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Vegan Chocolate Syrup
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup warm water mixed with 3 TBS Coconut Cloud Original Coconut Milk Creamer
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of good Coconut Cloud Vegan Instant Hot Cocoa
Ice Cream Instructions:
- Add all of the ingredients in a bowl and gently stir.
- Freeze the mixture in small trays or ice cube molds.*
- Once frozen, blend the frozen ice cubes in a high-speed blender.
- Add syrup
- In a small saucepan, combine the coconut oil, milk, and maple syrup. Stir and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Slowly whisk in the Coconut Cloud Hot Cocoa powder.
- Continue simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Let cool. For better consistency, place in the refrigerator.
*You can also use an ice cream maker. Be sure to follow the churning directions on your machine.
While it may not be the tropical trip or adventure of your dreams, we can say it will be a fun way to shake up your stay at home routine. Make the most of your staycation and have a great time!