4th of July Granola Parfaits with Coconut Cream (vegan, gluten free)
Recipe and image from The Vegan 8
5 Ingredient Cinnamon Granola
- 2 cups old fashioned gluten-free oats
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup syrup
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 13.5 cans of full fat canned coconut cream (placed in fridge overnight)
- For the coconut cream, I chose to whip mine so it was extra fluffy and had volume in the parfaits. You can skip this step and just scoop the thickened cream from the top of the can instead, if you rather. However, I did find by whipping it, I was able to fill up my glasses more. Also, I didn't add any sweetener, as the cinnamon and berries were plenty sweet and I wanted to keep it healthy, but you’re welcome to add a bit of stevia or your sweetener of choice.
- Make sure your cans of coconut milk are the full fat kind and have sat in the fridge overnight, so the cream will have separated at the top of the can. Once that has been done, get ready to prepare your granola. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper and preheat an oven to 325 degrees F.
- Add the oats, cinnamon and chopped pecans to a medium bowl and stir well. In a separate cup, combine the syrup and almond butter. Add to the dry ingredients and stir really well with a spoon until it all comes together and is sticky.
- Spread out onto the prepared pan evenly, about 1/2 inch thick. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove the pan, stir around the granola well so it can cook evenly. Place back in the oven for about 10 more minutes until very golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes to crisp up.
- Meanwhile, remove your coconut milk cans from the fridge. Carefully scoop out only the cream out of each can and add it to a large bowl. Once you get to the water, stop scooping. You should get about 1 1/2 cups of coconut cream. Whip the cream on high with an electric hand mixer for 5-6 minutes, or until lighter and fluffier. Add in your sweetener if you’d like.
- Begin to layer your serving glasses. Start by layering the granola on the bottom, followed by a couple of spoonfuls of the coconut cream (either whipped or straight from the can), blueberries and raspberries. Repeat. Top with one more dollop of the cream and a strawberry tip (optional), sprinkled cinnamon and extra pecans. If wanting to decorate it as I have, just insert a flag into the strawberry tip. Keep in mind, the layering may vary depending on the size glasses you use. It will be delicious no matter what! These will keep fresh in the fridge up to 2 days.